Tuesday 18 September 2012

London Baby



Saturday I headed to London with my friend Veronique to attend the Renegade Craft Fair for a day of fun.

 

An early start meant we missed breakfast so we had brunch in Bishopsgate Cafe near Liverpool St.  My rueben sandwich and juice were so yum!


This is our second year going and there were so many lovely things at the craft fair which is for all kinds of work from screenprint to jewellery, paper craft to ceramics and woodwork to stitch.  Here's a few of my favourites:

 Image of Sleeping Cat plate
You Can Run but You Cant Hide Print (Big Print Edition)Dinner Dinner Batman A3 Screenprint

I love textile dolls and figures and so The Cat in the Shoe stall with it's beautiful handmade figures was my absolute favourite .

Oh my Beautiful Dear   'BRAND NEW'Queen of spades

I was spoilt for choice and had real difficulty chosing between Red Riding and Icarus, but in the end Red won out and I couldn't resist adding her to my textile doll collection.  The attention to detail is lovely and she's fully dressed from her cute knickers and lacy underskirt to her red felt cape.

Red Riding Hood

We had time afterwards to do some shopping and had a lovely dinner in Wright Brothers fish restaurant near Carnaby St before flying home. 
A tiring but most enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment